Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New York State Education Links

New York State mandates testing beginning in 4th grade - including homeschoolers. Testing is a farce - there are plenty of facts my daughter may know that are not on the test - and there are likely to be plenty of facts she doesn't know on the test. There is no way a test can accurately depict a student's actual progress or knowledge. Nonetheless, I'm forced to succumb. (Unless of course I find a legal loophole and have the guts to argue it.)

Here is a link to New York State Math Tests in .pdf form for third grade to eighth grade tests:

http://www.nysedregents.org/testing/mathei/08exams/home.htm

Includes NYS third grade, fourth grade, fifth grade, sixth grade, seventh grade and eighth grade tests - including keys and answers.

My daughter is only in third grade now..but I like to know what I'm up against. Too bad I have to now "teach to the test" instead of following a natural progression in learning that suits her individuality.

For more Free Printables, Homeschool Worksheets and Free Lesson Plans, go to Homeschool Websites Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment